Connect science, art, and writing with this specific fun and easy desert animal writing prompt for young children! Select an animal that lives in the desert habitat. Then punch “stars” regarding the outline to generate a constellation. Encourage children to publish a sentence about the animal constellation they selected within their sky night.
I don’t learn about the kids, but my son wants to make constellations, aka holes in paper. We tape them in our window to let the lights shine through. The stars inside the pictures “glow” such as the real night time sky. Much like the farmers, poets, and astronomers made up stories concerning the pictures they saw made with stars, he too loves to make up stories.
Today, we connected the love for making holes in paper with this desert themed activities that are learning. Affiliate Links to products.
Constellation : A constellation is a made-up picture by stringing together starts within the sky. Sometime ago farmers used them to share with seasons. A few more well known constellations are only visible during specific times of the entire year.
Desert : A desert is an area of land that gets little to no rainfall. You can find limited plants and animals that may survive during these living that is harsh.
Are you able to look on a globe or map of this world and discover a desert?
- Blue or construction paper that is black
- Desert animals printed or drawn
- Sharp pencil (some teachers use thumb tacks)
- Foam or cork board
- Strips of paper or sentences that are printed.
Directions for Desert Animal Writing Prompt
- order your essay
- Read books about the desert and talk in regards to the animals that are able to survive.tarantula, desert tortoise, rattlesnake, hawk, desert fox, scorpion, camel, and insects.
- Explain that the young children will generate a constellation inside their nighttime sky. Let them pick from several images which you have pre-printed.
- Demonstrate how exactly to safely punch a hole into the paper with the pencil tip, keeping the paper in the cork or foam board.
- Let the children punch holes around the outside of the desert animal picture they selected. Continue reading “Science Vocabulary for Desert Animal Writing Prompt”